Saturday, June 30, 2012

WOW! and SL!

Well, this week has been interesting for sure.  I have reached level 10 in WOW, died in the game probably 30 times by now, but I notice that I get back to my dwarf body very quickly these days.  Maybe a benefit of leveling up?  I also have more powers, and lots of cool lightening things to battle with.  Still working on talking with people on using these types of games with elementary students as the games seem to have young teens and up as their audience...not that younger kids are not playing, just that it would not work in a school setting quite the same.  Lots of educational potential, but a bit of a paradigm change would be needed from all involved.  I also explored a bit in SL this week.  I like to show these explorations in this blog, so here are some pictures I took from Isle of Wisteria, which includes many floating islands of very different natures.  Surfed on a flying dragon in the sky, took a ride in a dragon boat, and moved from island to island on a zip line...now how cool is that!



So there you have it.   My continuing saga of life in Virtual Worlds.....!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a neat SL adventure, kind of like SL meets WoW! Except no danger and dying in SL I guess! Nice screenshots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asha, thanks for your comment. It really was an interesting place to visit. And fairly safe as well...no fighting or killing. Just was not very populated. Mike B.

    ReplyDelete