Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gibson's Grotto Begins!

Yes it is true, Gibson's Grotto has taken a true form.  While still in the construction phase, the Grotto will be open for business soon.  And let me tekll you, building a house FROM SCRATCH is a bugger.......lots of time, effort, but worth it.  After searching for just the right look, I realized nothing would fit my idea....so I built it myself.  I tried about 6-8 downloaded houses....I felt like I was terrorizing the neighborhood with some of the structures.....they all seemed to be monstrous, taking over lots of the neighbor's lands!!!!Invading their houses!!!  I would be an outcast forever!  But I have to say, at least a party started on my first structure.....check out the picture...it had a hot tub (working) and notice the drinks are already out.....but it was just too industrial for the neighborhood....it had to go. So, I will show you how it started and where it is as of today!
first, the floor.
I added working french doors and windows.
The floor was started, I added WORKING french doors, and have been working on the roof! It has been a few days at this point.  don't I look tired?
A roof was started..almost done.
The roof was very hard, but I persisted.  Landscaping is also underway.  After all, it will be the center of the neighborhood, a place to meet and greet....so stay tuned, the Grotto is coming!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gibson, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving an comment. It was a pleasure showing you around HH school, especially that you sounded like you were starting to get really interested in SL :). I can see from your blog that you're enjoying it. I saw the sign that you put in front of your build and it made me smile. I got jealous of you and Techno building your houses instead of just putting a ready made one, so I started building. Well, enough to say that for the time being I went back to a the one I bought from the marketplace but I won't give up trying. I think you'll become a great builder soon. You're experimenting and you know what you want to create. I am looking forward to seeing your finished Grotto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olive, the Grotto is complete! Come visit as the door is always open! Gibson

      Delete
  2. Great job for building your own! I just put up the cabin from my inventory and built it on the side of a hill...it's a little rustic! But there is a nice ocean view. I was reminded of my least favorite assignment from last semester - Google Sketchup! Just could not get the hang of it! Your grotto looks grand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Morgan, I'll have to see your hillside cabin sometime. Google Sketchup......I will have to check that out. Gibson.

      Delete