Saturday, July 14, 2012

So how weird can it get?

Ok, so maybe I have been in WOW a bit much the last few weeks.  Hey, why not...I am a level 20 now, and feel pretty good about that!  I have had help from my personal heroines Olive, Esme, Grandpachris, and somewhat notoriously, an avatar named professor akashari (I think that was it) which was one of the more interesting moments.  Ok, so here I am battling some creatures in Redridge Mountains somewhere, and suddenly out of nowhere.....(well, isn't that really what the cloud is all about anyway?).....this avatar comes in, asks for me to add to a group, and then proceeds to smash the villainous creatures single-handedly by himself....or herself?  Okay, well level 85's can do that to probably just about anything.  Here I am a lightening bolt away from death every minute or so.  Now I have this magnificently strong ally with a "nuclear-like" killing wave that just knocks enemies down with a single blast.  Meanwhile, I die a few times and this avatar is racking up the loot I collect from the leftovers he/she destroyed.  Not that I minded so much, but then I had this wierd moment...what if they are tapping into my coins and somehow can take my strength from me without even me knowing?  Wow, (no not WOW), but wow, a stranger is my ally and I am having some distrust.  So then I find my backpack is full, and I tell this person I need to sell some stuff because I cannot collect the loot....then neither can he/she I suppose.   Out of nowhere (again, yep...the cloud....) comes this spaceship thing, he/she says climb aboard.....Geez, now I'm being abducted...I felt like a kid when a stranger drives by with an open door.....really!  So yes, I get in.  Stranger Danger!   And off we go...two avatars on a highway to hell.... (ACDC.......good song, needed to use it here...)  What!   We stop at a trade station, he/she says "sell something....!  So I do....now I wondered...are they getting that money too?  How much control did I just give this person?  They patiently wait, we hop back on the spaceship...back to the battle zone.   We finish up the quest.  I say, "nice work!"  He/she says..."What do you mean?"  "Thanks for helping me? I say.  "Oh, sure, NP" is the reply.   You can friend me if you want".  Bye.  And off he/she goes!  Was I trusting or what?  I honestly felt very strange during this moment....like nervous and concerned that somehow my info was getting hacked......very strange indeed.....and that's how weird it got this week for me!

PS  Too wierd for pictures......bummer, post with no pictures...like cake with no frosting.....   ME.

2 comments:

  1. Did you befriend him/her after all? :) I had a similar experience this week but it was actually refreshing. Perhaps because of my experience in SL and OSgrid, I know when people are trying to be nice because they are nice and because it's fun. I have to say that it helped a lot learning what people can or cannot do to my account. Whenever I find myself in a new situation that I am not sure about I just ask in the group before doing anything. This week I received a whisper message telling me that there was something wrong with my account and that was a strange thing to come as whisper so I asked and was told that it was hoax and how to report it.

    I really appreciate that you call me to go on quests together and I really enjoyed it when we teamed up with Esme. Perhaps now you can help one of the new Olives to level up :) See you around my fearless friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post?! This was too funny for words! I had a weird experience but nothing as dramatic as that. Just before Mikenfushdos teamed up with me to combat that Nightbane Stalker thing, I died and a stranger sent me some kind of way to come back to life. I can't remember what that's called. Of course, I was immediately accosted by the same creature so I died again but I thought it was so nice for someone to take the time to stop for a stranger...Never saw who it was to thank them.

    ReplyDelete